Sunday, November 3, 2013

November!

I love November..  I love how the cold creeps in and quietly changes that everything, it is a calming time before the silliness of December's holidays..
















A new Nerd Wars Tourney has started...If you don't participate you'll never follow what has been the inspiration for my knitting collages...just know that Nerd Wars is a lot of fun and I encourage everyone to check it out...!







Well, yes...I'm sure some of you noticed that I had to make the
nekkid picture of Eric Northman the largest!

also, in that mess of pics I completed m 1st ever pair of fingerless mitts..  I had to make a knitted flat pair...but I'm currently working on a pair using dpn's...  much slower going..

In other news.. our little town celebrated it's 250th birthday...  so in honor of that..we had a bonfire..with an outhouse as the pies de resistance...  only in Wellfleet!

mary
wellfleet

11 comments:

  1. Great pictures in this post. I especially like those scenery ones. This Nerd Wars looks fun. You're making some fun projects for each theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy. Sounds like the good kind of busy too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second picture of the red leaves is lovely, my Mum always talks about the colours in America in the autumn, I'm sure there are parts where is does happen in the UK but not where I am, I think its probably because the weather is more constant, not extreme warmth and cold.

    Love your owl hat, and the bonfire...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second picture of the red leaves is lovely, my Mum always talks about the colours in America in the autumn, I'm sure there are parts where is does happen in the UK but not where I am, I think its probably because the weather is more constant, not extreme warmth and cold.

    Love your owl hat, and the bonfire...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Now that's a bonfire! Great pics! I listen to the weather channel while I'm getting dressed in the morning and they mentioned Nagshead...isn't that where you live? You said Wellfleet in this post...anyway....they showed a sunset sent in from Nagshead and I thought of you. What a beautiful spot on earth. I love this month too....60's..just like I like it...not too hot, not too cold.....just right! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nerd Wars looks like a lot of fun--with lots of thinking and planning involved! I love Fall, in general, all the months from September on---it certainly is a time of reflection. The town's bonfire looks hilarious and I am sure a good time was had by all. You sure live in a beautiful spot!
    xxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like following other people's challenges in Nerd Wars, but it just looks like a whole bunch of pressure to me. Lovely bonfire ... fire is just so mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes..I talk about Nerd Wars wherever I go! It's the best!!!! love the picture of the bonfire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really loved the collages and what inspired each of your projects. Well done on the fingerless gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah naked Eric. What a beautiful site. I love the last picture. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You seem to have so much fun with Nerd Wars! Congratulations on the fingerless gloves, I have yet to complete my first set!

    ReplyDelete